Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
I highly recommend adventurous live-aboard cruises throughout thesewidely-scattered islands. Clients fly into Quito, Ecuador, have a hotel overnightthen fly from Quito out to Baltra in the Galapagos. Board Mistral or LammerLaw at Baltra to begin the adventure.
- M. V. Mistral is 74 feet long, with six air-conditioned private double cabins, and air-conditioned salon.
- M. V. Lammer Law is 100 feet long
- Most cruises offer several major land walks on different islands.
- All cruises have government-trained naturalist/dive guide on board.
- An average of three dives per day to see rare, endemic marine species.
- All diving cruises are scheduled at this time to include the northern islands of Darwin and Wolf for the schooling hammerheads and occasional whale sharks.
The dramatic vistas of Hood Island (48k)
Illustrate the majesty and grandeur of the Galapagos.
- Turtles, sea lions, Galapagos sharks and other pelagics in main islands.
- A wide variety of endemic butterflyfish, starfish, hogfish, surgeonfish and other species in the main islands.
- Land walks at Hood, Plaza, Fernandina and other islands to see sea lions, iguanas, doves, cormorants, hawks, crabs and other famed species.
- Northern Islands have schooling hammerhead sharks, sometimes within 20-30 feet of the surface!