The Whale Shark Adventure
I can recommend as highly as any adventure on earth the live-aboardcruises off the Ningaloo Reef in Western Australia, 1,200 miles North of Perth. Inthe Spring, massive amounts of coral spawn attracts vast schools of krill to thereef area. Whale shark then gather to eat the krill. Flights to Perth and then toLearmonth where the boat crew provides transfers.
- M. V. True North is 114 feet long, and accommodates 8 to 10 divers in five air-conditioned cabins.
- One-week cruises cost $2,995 per person. Prices will fluctuatewith currency exchange rates.
- Season is March and April.
- Whale shark diving is between 10:30 AM and 3:30 PM each day, while the spotter plane is aloft to guide us to the whale sharks.
- One or two dives on a U.S. Navy-built pier with many unusual species (weather dependent).
- Some reef diving at Muron Islands or Ningaloo.
- We have had as many as seventeen whale sharks in a single day!
- For a report on a recent cruise please access our "latest from famous divers" section.